Lester Dauth died on Dec. 11, 2005, and the obituary published in The Tribune stated, "He was honorably discharged after the war [ World War II] and returned to Paso Robles where he started his lifetime career in the grocery business. He teamed with Gil Leisy and purchased Hibbard's Grocery in 1946. In 1950, Dauth-Leisy Market moved to their new building at 530 12th Street. Gil Leisy retired from the business in 1978 and Lester's son, Ray, became a partner in Dauth's Market. Lester served the community's grocery needs for 46 years, retiring in 1994."